Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 230 - Admiring a lawn embellishment

One of Fredericton's many fine features is the way so many of the city's residents maintain their properties. It's a pleasure to stroll through different neighbourhoods and see the lovely lawns, the beautiful flowers and shrubs, the interesting ornamentation, the many different lamps and lights and other embellishments.

I love the way these home owners have placed this installation in the middle of a not-quite-round patch of dirt. I like that it's not quite centred within that patch and that it's painted a shade of green that tends to blend with the surroundings.

I'm pleased with this photograph because I think it frames the many curving lines of the scene very nicely, without interfering with the movement of the eye over the landscape. I purposely placed the post slightly off-centre, to keep with the composition created originally on-site by the home owners or their landscape designers.

No comments:

Post a Comment