Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Day 214 - Chair Story

This photograph makes me smile. The blue-green chair seems to be leaning on its dusty-rose friend for moral support, upset at being left out at the curb for anyone to take.

It's a Toy-Story-type tale of abandoned furniture looking for a happy new home. And there are storm clouds on the horizon. Literally. As we took our morning walk with the dog and encountered these two sad looking souls, dark clouds had already gathered to the east, promising rain and thunder to ruin their upholstery.

That sad story aside, this photo is also a lesson to me in the importance of proper framing. When I first saw this shot in iPhoto, I liked it but it didn't sparkle for me. I then cropped it to remove some excess space at the top and to the right of the photograph and it looked a lot better. When I imported it into this blog, however, I couldn't help but feel that it was not yet quite right.

So I deleted it and went back to the original in iPhoto. I cropped it again, this time taking a little more off the top and side, to create a tighter focus on the relationship between the two chairs. And that's when I really started to smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment