Friday, August 12, 2011

Day 224 - The Bert and Ernie of pipes

I have no idea why I like this photograph so much. It's of pipes, after all. Two pipes that run parallel to each other in vertical lines against the horizontal lines of the siding of a house.

But I do like it. I've been staring at it now for several minutes, trying to figure it out. Is it the shadows? The fact that, like Bert and Ernie, one pipe is chubbier than the other? Does the lock on the left-hand pipe speak to me for some reason? Is it the concrete base of the house that shows just slightly at the bottom of the frame that captures my attention?

I really have no idea. I don't even know why I took the picture in the first place. And yet, there it is. And I keep going back to it. I feel a little bit silly sharing it with you but I also would feel stupid if I didn't. I mean, how can I be this fascinated by a strange little photograph and not put it up on the blog?

No comments:

Post a Comment