Friday, August 19, 2011

Day 231 - Small plane, big sky

I know. I know. Strange picture. A photograph of a small plane in the middle of a non-descript sky. Big deal.

Well it is a big deal to me. First, the autofocus on the Olympus managed not only to find this plane in the middle of that sky, but also to focus on it properly. That's pretty amazing for this camera. Usually, it has real problems finding objects that far away. Second, I managed to keep the plane centred in the frame for the entire period between the time I pressed the shutter release and when the shutter actually released. That is nothing short of a miracle.

And, to be honest, I like the photograph itself. It's kind of got an abstract quality to it, the feeling of the loneliness of the small plane in the middle of that vast sky. It's poetry, I tell you. Poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment