Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 236 - The mighty river

The mighty St. John River, looking east from the walking bridge on the east side of Fredericton. That's the Princess Margaret Bridge, still being refurbished, in the distance.

I took advantage of a beautiful, sunny day to go for a walk on my lunch hour to take photographs of Fredericton's downtown from the North side of the river. It occurred to me as I crossed the walking bridge, however, that I should also try to take a shot or two that would capture just how BIG the St. John is.

I went with as wide-angle as the lens could go, f8 on the aperture and a shutter speed that was a step or two higher than what the light meter told me, to capture the detail in the beautiful clouds and reduce some of the glare from the water. I'm pleased with the results.

That's a big river.

No comments:

Post a Comment