Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 237 - The beautiful campus of... UNB???

I have been trying to find a way to get a nice photograph of the campus of the University of New Brunswick. Just about everyone who visits UNB says that it has a beautiful campus and it does. Getting a long-distance photo that conveys that beauty, however, isn't so easy.

I'm fairly happy with this shot, taken from the North Side of the St. John River. I like the way the rusting walking bridge provides a foundation for the many red-brick buildings of the campus. As much as I like this picture, however, I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't include any of the university's signature buildings, like the original "Old Arts" building, the Student Union Building and the new Currie Centre.

Many of the buildings you see to the top right of this photo are, in fact, not on the UNB campus at all: they're part of St. Thomas University. Interesting: the best shot I could get of UNB is actually mostly of St. Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment