Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 228 - Landscape in low light

I'm still working on my street scenes. This photograph shows York Street from the corner of King, looking south, with the King's Place mall on the left and one of Fredericton's many churches in the distance.

It's a funny little picture filled with interesting shapes and a rather neat collection of colours, both bright and more sedate. I'm also pleased with the composition of the shot, though it did take me a little bit of cropping in iPhoto to get it the way I wanted it (and to remove the faces of a couple of people who snuck into the bottom of the image).

Freddie has faced rain all week this week, making it difficult to find interesting photographs other than these larger scale landscapes. I was about to write, "I'm not complaining", but then I realised that I am, indeed, complaining. Still, it isn't the worst thing in the world that I'm forced to learn to take interesting photographs in different lighting conditions.

At some point, I must remind myself to make some trips to the Fredericton's North Side. After all, it is a part of the city too.

No comments:

Post a Comment