Saturday, August 27, 2011

Day 238 - Pigeons and their photos

I don't really remember if I have put any photographs involving pigeons on this blog before but I will admit to you that I don't really like them.

What? Pronoun problem? To which "them" am I referring: pigeons or photos of pigeons?

Both, really, though probably the latter more than the former.

I don't really like photos of pigeons. They just seem to me to be too easy. The bird is ubiquitous and unafraid of people so pictures of pigeons are much too easy to take.

So why this one? Mostly because of the pose and the colours in this shot. I like the way the bird is perched on the grave marker but not posed on it. I also like the way the colours of the pigeon match so nicely with those of the marker upon which it stands and how well the green of the moss on the marker itself matches the green of the trees in the background.

I think this is an interesting, successful photograph and I'm quite proud of it. Maybe it will make me rethink how I feel about pigeons and their photographs.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Mark... I'm right with you on this one. Pigeons are simply rats with wings. This little guy is kind of cute though.
    J

    ReplyDelete