Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 - Some Perspective

I thought I'd bring a little perspective to the blog. I like this photograph of an alleyway in downtown Fredericton because of the lines leading back to the wooden doors in the background. The perspective of the shot makes the two walls look like they're leaning back toward the doors, while the tire tracks in the snow also add to the effect.

It's a simple composition that I find quite pleasing and I think the colours, though muted and somewhat pastel, are nice as well.

The contrast between the older brick building on the left and the newer, cleaner lines of the concrete block building on the right also add visual interest to the shot. Funny, I walked past this alley several times before finally deciding to photograph it. I'm glad I did. Best shot of the day by far.

2 comments:

  1. Good to keep some perspective on your photographic project....

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good shot. Depth perception always looks really neat in a photo.

    ReplyDelete