Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 - Goodbye To Christmas

Day two of my photographic journey finds me mostly indoors, with a thick, soft rain making the outside world no fun at all. So I stuck to inside subjects and found myself pleased with the colour and texture of this shot of Patti's hand-made popcorn-and-cranberry string on our Christmas tree. I like the curve of the string against the more rigid lines of the needles and branches of the background.

The challenge here was to find a portion of the string that showed up well, to frame it properly and then to find the appropriate combination of zoom and distance from the subject to ensure proper focus. I took several shots where the combination wasn't quite right and the string was not entirely in focus. But this one, I think, turned out well.

And it provides a lovely reminder of Patti's work to make this year's tree a special one.

No comments:

Post a Comment