Thursday, January 27, 2011

Day 27 - The Tropics of Cancel

Sometimes life throws you too many curves to allow you to be creative with the camera. I'm just back from Montreal after 18 hours of flight delays with Air Canada and I'm beat.

This photograph captures the sheer tackiness of the hotel at which Air Canada placed me and the other stranded passengers last night after our flight home was cancelled. The hotel, a Holiday Inn near the Montreal airport, was as scary a hotel as I've ever seen, all nicely packaged with a tropical theme.

I like this photo because it tells a story, at least for me, of one awful night stuck in airline limbo. I also like it because, if you look real hard, you can see the piles of snow in the windows at the top of the picture, absurdly juxtaposed with the (real) tropical trees that surround the swimming pool. The trees were amazing; if only the hotel management spent as much time and money maintaining the rooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment