Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 21 - A High Five

I call this photograph "York Street High Five". Can you guess why?

That's right. The street sign says "York Street" and the red "Don't Walk" hand combines with the number that tells you how many seconds you have left to cross to send a clear "High Five" message.

I like busy shots like this, with many shapes, colours and lines intersecting and crossing around the frame. For some reason, I feel that this kind of picture captures the feeling of the city, with so much going on and so many people going in different directions.

I know, I know. Some day I'll have to start including people in these shots. Soon, I promise, soon. The more I'm seen downtown with my camera, the more people express an interest so, one of these days, I'm going to ask one to be a subject for a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment