Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day One: Winter Scenes

Day one brings an absolutely beautiful January day here in New Brunswick.


With the lovely weather today, I spent as much time birding as taking pictures but, unfortunately, the camera couldn't catch the two beautiful nuthatches that my binoculars found. Still, the day's winning photograph shows the patterns of light and shadow on a path in Fredericton's Odell Park, making an interesting pattern with the many tracks people have left in the slowly melting snow.

The runner up is an interesting shot of two paw prints in the snow. It looks like a dog managed to place her the left toe of one paw right into the print of the right toe from the other, so that the two separate paws meld into one design.

Both shots were taken with the camera on its automatic settings, so it was simply a matter of point and shoot. And I was pleased with the framing and composition I captured in the original photograph so I didn't have to use iPhoto for any cropping of the shots. All in all, a pretty good start to my project, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment