Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25 - Signs in Soft Light

A day-long conference kept me out of lovely Old Montreal during the hours of broad daylight, forcing me to find some way to capture the beauty of the city in the fading light of dusk.

In a situation like this, I try to find some combination of the remaining natural illumination and any artificial light that might be available. In this case, the electric bulbs near these nice restaurant signs along the waterfront in Old Montreal provided just enough brightness to allow me to get a pretty good picture. I like the yellowy-orange flavour the low-light conditions create but I'm also quite fond of the way the different shapes in the frame come together to create a pleasing construction.

I'm not sure the focus is perfect but I still quite like this picture. I'll miss Montreal and all the beautiful scenes it has to offer when I leave tomorrow but I trust I'll be refreshed to find new ways to look at friendly ol' Fredericton upon my return.

No comments:

Post a Comment