Monday, January 17, 2011

Day 17 - Reflections of Tuscany

I love this picture. I took advantage of the late-afternoon sun shining on the Beaverbrook Crown Plaza hotel in downtown Fredericton to capture its image reflected in the bank of windows on the front of the city's new convention centre. I took several photos like this, most of which had much crisper, brighter images of the hotel's reflection, but this one, with its pastel colouring and stepped fragmentation of the reflected building in the middle layer, made me think of a hill-top village in Tuscany.

Reflections like this are popular in "arty" photography because you never seem to know what you are going to get. In this case, I was taken completely by surprise when I saw this shot. I like the three layers of images, the colour and the warmth of the reflection. I guess I don't have to tell you but I'm very happy with this photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment