Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20 - A Sign of Old Times

I knew there would be days like this. I went for my usual lunch-hour walk in the bitterly cold wind and felt completely uninspired. I tried to take interesting photographs of icicles, strangely-coloured buildings, street scenes, but nothing really worked out.

I did, however, find myself drawn to a number of old-style commercial signs that still dot downtown Fredericton, including this one for George's Clothing [and] Footwear. The photograph itself is nothing to write home about (it wasn't even very nicely composed before I did some editing) but I do like the look of this sign, its colours and its nostalgic feel. George's isn't around any more: it closed just last summer before I had a chance to visit. Too bad, too. I find the sign quite inviting.

No comments:

Post a Comment