Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 123 - Chandelier Dreams

Perfection in imperfection. I love this chandelier in our dining room, with its many colours and shapes. I especially like the fact that it's pieces aren't absolutely even and symmetrical. It's just off enough to be perfect.

The chandelier makes the light from the bulb inside it a little more yellow and a little more mellow, making photography a little more difficult. You can try to fight its impact or you can just go with the flow, as I have in this shot.

I used a tripod and a slightly slower-than-normal shutter to try to get enough light into the camera without adding shake to the image. Even then, I think it might be just slightly out of focus, a problem with the autofocus on the Olympus, perhaps.

Even still, I think the shapes work, with the ceiling fixture and chains complementing the roundness of the shade itself. I also like the flow from the light yellow ceiling, through the darker colours of the shade, to the darkness of the bottom of the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment