Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Day 151 - A glowing piece of abstract art

Sunshine makes outdoor photography so much easier, doesn't it? While out for another stroll on a beautiful, sunny lunch hour I saw this really neat banner hanging from a pole, wonderfully backlit by the beaming sun.

The combination of the light and the bunching of the banner at the bottom changed it from a simple advertisement for Fredericton's Garrison District into a glowing piece of abstract art.

I wish I could say I did something snazzy with the Olympus to get this photograph but this is as basic a point-and-shoot photo as you can get. The camera was on automatic, the autofocus was in play and I simply stood, pointed and clicked.

As I said at the beginning, sunshine makes photography so much simpler. And this lovely image is ample proof of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment