Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 124 - Blue Sky and Copper

This copper dome is one of the signatures of the Fredericton downtown scenes. I really wish I could tell you what the building itself is but I can't. I'll try to find out and list it in a later entry.

This shot was a bit of a challenge. The copper roof of the building with the dome is currently being refurbished. It is almost entirely surrounded by scaffolding as crews work to polish the metal and make it shine. In fact, I took a series of photos of the roof and the framing that surrounds it, hoping to find an interesting view, but nothing really turned out.

So I decided to cheat a bit by taking a photo of the dome from one building away. The building with the stone and windows at the bottom of the frame is not the same building as the one with the dome. By stepping back, however, I was able to get interesting aspects of both of these lovely edifices into the same shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment