Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 248 - The intensity of the colours

Does this photograph work for you? I tried very hard to get deep colour, a very narrow depth of focus and an interesting composition. Though I'm pleased with the result, I worry that the central branch and flower are still too dark and blend too much into the out-of-focus background. What do you think?

This photo was taken at the top of the Fredericton walking trail near the entrance to UNB. I really like these rust-red flower things on the trees and the way they hang regally over the path. As I said, I wanted to get a picture that would feature the flower and lose the trees behind it into a blurred but still colourful background. I took another shot of the same composition that was brighter but I thought it lost too much of the intensity of the colours. So I went with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment