Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 271 - Thrusting skyward

This is a point of view that I have never tried before: wide-angle, upward facing, such that the subject gains a slightly distorted aspect that, nonetheless, makes it seem even more impressive. I have to say, I like it. Wilmot United Church in downtown Fredericton seems to be thrusting upward into the sky. It gains a sense of power and majesty that is missing in the earlier shots I've taken of it. Neat angle. Nice shot. I'll have to try this again with other Fredericton landmarks.

And it's not just the angle I like. That sky is absolutely gorgeous with its deep, deep blue marked only by a whispy line of cloud that intersects the church's steeple. And the church itself is crisp with its black-and-white paint as it seems to rise out of the trees. But the thing I think I like most about this photo is the lamp-post and banner in the bottom left corner. They play an important role both in the composition of this shot and their colours (black, white and blue) match the church and sky perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment