Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 261 - A thicket's secret

A walk along one of Fredericton's many pedestrian paths brings us this little gem. I honestly don't know what this pipe contains nor why it is located in the heart of a thicket. The tiny little lock makes me laugh, though. It's not going to stop anyone who really wants to get past the pipe's cap but I guess it'll stop the curious (like me) from opening it up.

This photo is another example of how the new technology helps photographers. In this case, there was clearly not enough light in this densely wooded part of the path for me to take a properly exposed photo but I took it anyway. I just made sure I kept the shutter speed high enough to avoid camera shake, even if that meant the light meter was yelling at me for more light.

iPhoto saved the day. It has a feature that allows you to adjust the exposure: just slide the little bar and the photo lightens up, without losing colour balance or focus. Neat. And an interesting little picture is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment