Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 265 - Illuminating the fog

With 100 days to go on this year-long journey, I bring you this rather amazing combination of sunlight, tree and fog. Taken as I waited for my bus this morning, this photograph exemplifies for me everything that is good about reportage photography.

There was no planning to this shot; I simply had my camera with me and my eyes open. There was no arranging of elements into a nice composition; I simply moved myself until I was in a good position to frame the existing elements well and used the zoom to make the final adjustments.

I took several shots of this scene and am happy with them all. But I think this one, with the dazzling sun just visible through the dark tree on the right, the rays of light illuminating the fog on the left and just enough of the roof to provide a foundation for the shot, worked out best.

No comments:

Post a Comment