Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 249 - Back to the old red brick

Red brick and white trim appear to be a staple for Atlantic Canadian universities and the University of New Brunswick is no exception. Here, Kierstead Hall fills the shot with its square lines, crisp colours and green landscaping.

I find taking interesting photographs of buildings especially challenging, not so much from the standpoint of f-stop and shutter speed but with regard to framing and composition. I think I'm pretty good at finding small details and photographing them in interesting ways but I still haven't mastered the art of introducing drama to the standard building picture.

I had hoped that the angle from which I took this shot and the inclusion of the two trees that break up the straight lines of the edifice and its bricks might add interest but I'm not sure I've been successful. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a nice picture. I just don't think it's a great picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment