Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 335 - Sunlight on satellite dish

So there I am, standing on King Street in downtown Fredericton, fumbling to get the Olympus out of my knapsack, then out of its case, before the last vestige of sunlight leaves the buildings and darkness falls.

It's amazing how quickly the lovely early evening light disappeared. When I began the 10-second process of extricating the camera from its packaging, the warm orangey-pink light was still caressing the spire on the Wilmot United Church. When I finally had the Olympus out and on, ready to take the picture, only that satellite dish on the bank building beyond was still in the light.

I'm amazed at how different the light from the sun is at different times of the day. My favourite is this light: the warm, reddish light from the setting sun. But it's also amazing how quickly that wonderful light comes and goes. I guess, if I want to be a real photographer, I'm going to have to go to the location and actually wait for the light to show itself, rather than leaving it to luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment