Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 339 - The bright yellow tricycle

The thing I like best about this photograph is that I was able to do the framing of the shot on the spot, rather than counting on iPhoto to help me.

I saw this interesting vehicle (which is actually an advertisement for The Happy Baker, a bakery/coffee shop in a downtown Fredericton office building) out on the sidewalk of King Street, with the mid-day sun creating an interesting pattern of light and shadow on and around it.

I felt that a picture that simply showed the entire vehicle would be boring and thought carefully about where to stand and how much zoom to use to create something that captured what I was seeing. I'm quite pleased with the result, which offers a nice composition of the many round shapes with the added treat of the bright yellow tricycle against the background of the deep maroon of the minivan.

No comments:

Post a Comment