Sunday, December 18, 2011

Day 352 - A starry-eyed moon

Moonlight illuminates the St. John River, the Fredericton walking bridge and some nearby trees. I'm quite fond of this shot and not just because its composition was Patti's idea.

I'm pleased that I managed to find the right exposure levels to give some detail to the scene while still maintaining that night-time look.

Doesn't the moon look amazing? Like the sun, really. That's what I get for slowing the shutter down far enough to save the detail: the light from the almost-full moon becomes too powerful and creates the starry effect. I'm sure there are filters or other techniques to avoid this effect but I'm not interested. I quite like seeing the moon like this.

I forgot to mention yesterday that I am now in the final two weeks of this year-long photographic odyssey. I find that fact amazing as well. It seems like only yesterday that I posted my first picture and yet, at the same time, I feel like I've been doing this for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment