Friday, December 23, 2011

Day 357 - Life's subtle opportunities

The composition of this photograph pleases me. I like the appearance of each of the individuals elements in the shot (the lamp, the number, the plant and planter) and I like the way they work together, with the lines of the window, door and siding serving as a backdrop.

I am also quite fond of the muted palette of the colours in this photograph, which allows the quiet greens in the plant to stand out and the little red berries to shine. The strong yellow from the lamp itself interests me: I didn't expect that and I wonder if it is a product of the work I had to do to make a rather dark photo brighter.

I think that, after a year of doing this, I'm finally starting to develop something of an "eye" for interesting photos. More and more often, I find myself able to spot these kinds of subtle photographic opportunities that my daily life brings me. And I'm getting better at capturing the scene with a single photo, framed and properly executed on-site.

No comments:

Post a Comment