Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 338 - Shadowy absences

Sunshine and cold temperatures makes for exceptionally crisp days and, perhaps surprisingly, crisp photographs as well.

I know I've featured at least one other photo of Gibson Memorial United Church on this blog in the past but I quite like the shape and colour of the building. Here, the strong sunlight creates very sharp shadows on the brickwork, creating a visually interesting image by accentuating the rigid lines of the building itself.

I also like the fact that two horizontal shadows fall across the church's sign, reminders of the power lines that are ubiquitous in this city, marring just about every photo you take. Their presence in this photo is limited to this shadowy reminder, which I think adds to the impact of the shot rather than taking away from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment