Friday, December 9, 2011

Day 343 - Steeple and soft morning light

Early morning sun bathes the steeple of one of Fredericton's downtown churches in a soft, pink light.

I was walking to work this morning when I saw how beautifully that sun was illuminating this steeple, causing its copper skin to glow. I took the photograph from one of the fifth floor windows in my office building and am now worried that the delay in taking the shot might have allowed the light to fade a little bit. The photo certainly doesn't convey the glow that I saw in person, though I think it is still pretty nice.

I wonder as well if I should have closed the aperture down one more stop to try to deepen the colours by reducing the amount of light that entered the lens. Would it have worked? Could such a technique have brought out more of that velvety glow I saw?

I don't know. But, if I get the chance to try it again, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment