Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 310 - Some downtown perspective

An exercise in perspective, this photograph depicts the front porch area of the barracks building on Officer's Square.

Located on Queen Street in downtown Fredericton, this building holds the local museum. I decided to take this picture because I liked the way the lamps line up and the look of the columns down the right side and the windows on the left. I had to play with the light a little bit, since it was a bright day outside but dim under this porch roof. If I recall correctly, I ended up having to slow the shutter right down in order to keep the aperture tight: f8 at 1/60th, if my memory serves.

As you're probably figuring out from this blog, the city of Fredericton has a lot of really lovely older buildings with some interesting architectural styles. And the community has done a fairly nice job of conserving the buildings and making them available to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment