Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Day 312 - Afraid to ruin the magic

I have no idea what this pod is. It's beautiful, though, with its finely intricate tufts and it's perfect whiteness. My sister and I went for a walk yesterday at Hamilton's Princess Point park and found these pods near the place where we said our last goodbye to our mother more than two years ago.

I'm impressed with the performance of the Olympus in this case. Although several of the photographs I took of these pods turned out blurry, several others did not. I'm happy because I didn't use the macro setting on the camera to take the shots so I was really trusting my luck with them. And the Olympus came through, finding some way to focus from in close using its normal settings.

I really should look into finding out what kind of plant this is but... that might ruin the magic.

1 comment:

  1. It's milkweed ...

    Look for Monarch butterfly cocoons.

    ReplyDelete