Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 329 - It's all about the brilliant red

Today's photograph is all about colours. And shapes. And textures. But mostly about colours.

I just love the red of the wall in the background. And I love the contrast between that fantastic red and the black of the lamp in front of it. You've seen that red before. Some time ago, I posted a photo of a driveway with this red on either side of the laneway. This time, I've positioned the camera so that the black lamp from one building is highlighted against the red wall of the building next door.

I also made a conscious effort to open the aperture up a bit and push the shutter speed to create the slightest amount of blur to the background wall. I wanted the background to be all about the colour with the texture blurred away. Looking at the photo now, I wish I had opened the aperture up even further; there's still maybe too much detail in the wall.

Then again, maybe I'd lose those nice vertical lines if it were any less focused. And I like those lines.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way the horizontal lines meet the vertical lines at the side of the lamp. Nice composition! Gorgeous colours!

    ReplyDelete