Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 200 - Big brother tree

Today wasn't the most creative day for me, from a photographic standpoint. I wandered around downtown Freddie and saw very little that interested me. You have those kinds of days sometimes and you just have to work your way through them.

That's why I was so pleased to find this shot popping up on the iMac at the end of the day. No, it's not art but I think it's an interesting composition. I like the way the stone wall of the barracks works with the lush greenery of the trees to frame the big machine in between.

I like the vertical lines of this shot and the way the massive tree at left shapes itself around the crane like a big brother, overwhelming the smaller beast. It's a victory for nature over the machines, I think.

And the solid stone wall stands for history and roots, as opposed to the busy-ness of our modern lives. Okay. Maybe I go too far. Still, I think it's a nice shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment