Saturday, July 23, 2011

Day 203 - The more you look...

Patti pointed this scene out to me as we were out for a walk in the downtown core. Brightly painted walls, a textured drive, an interesting brick building in the background. Makes for a kind of neat photograph.

I like the shiny red walls on either side and the car cowering between them but I think my favourite aspect of this photo is the white downspout on the right-hand side. I didn't see it when I was lining up the shot but, every time I look at the picture, that downspout makes me smile.

I'm also quite pleased with the reflections of the car in the metal on either side. They're mere ghosts of the vehicle but add an interesting touch to the shot. And the way the inset windows on either side create perspective into the back of the picture.

I guess that's the key to this photograph: the more you look, the more you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment