Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 207 - Mactaquac marina in the evening sun

I know I've said it before but I am still in awe at how easy it is to take great pictures when you have sunny day. The sun provides all kinds of different light, depending on the time of day and the atmospheric conditions, making it simple to take vivid, crisp photographs of just about any subject matter.

In this case, the "subject matter" is pretty spectacular too. This is the marina at Mactaquac, with the early evening sun still fairly high in the sky. The water of the bay is calm enough to create vivid reflections of the sun and the fluffy clouds.

I had to take several shots of this to get the exposure right. Again, as in any high-sun situation, you have to chose between getting details of the landscape (the darker areas) or of the sun and clouds (the brighter areas). As usual, I chose detail in the brights and I think the result is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment