Sunday, July 24, 2011

Day 204 - A contrast of cameras

I don't know why I like this photograph so much. It's not particularly well-composed, it doesn't have anything special about the way it's lit or the colours in it, it didn't take any planning to get.

In fact, it's as point-and-shoot a shot as you can get.

I think it's more the contrast between the camera this man is carrying so casually over his shoulder and the camera that I take such precious care of everywhere I go.

His is probably a $2,000 plus camera body with another $2 or $3-k worth of lens attached to it. He can probably shoot a flea at a thousand yards and get every millimeter of the shot in focus. My camera, meanwhile, was under $300 on sale (including lens) and, while capable of some really nice photographs, has its issues.

And here I am taking a picture of him. And, to be honest, not a bad picture at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment