Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Page 194 - Shooting through resolves frustration

Fredericton has these interesting looking stations dotting the downtown core that offer billboard space for posters advertising everything from rock bands to protest marches to local plays. The hope, I guess, is that people will post their bills neatly on these contraptions rather than more messily on hydro poles up and down the streets.

I'm not sure the city's plan is working but I do find these stations quite interesting from a visual standpoint. Try as I might, however, I haven't seemed to be able to find a way to capture that interest on film. Until now, perhaps.

It occurred to me that, instead of trying to shoot a photograph of the station I should try to shoot through the station, with it serving as a frame for whatever lies behind it. I'm quite pleased with the result, with a lovely building as the focal point, a lush tree providing further framing and the station itself reduced to simple black-and-white in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment