Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Day 285 - Glimpses of Saint Anthony's

Our tour of the North Side of Fredericton continues with this photograph of Saint Anthony's Catholic Church, located on Union Street (or is it Main Street?) near the river.

Once again, my efforts to get a nice picture of this pretty edifice were hampered by a clef of powerlines that run right in front of the church. I got a slightly better wide angle shot of this church than I did of Gibson Memorial a couple of days ago (by standing on the sidewalk directly in front and hoping for the best) but the building still came out looking warped and odd.

So I've decided to go with this shot. I think it captures the essence of the church but only by providing glimpses, isolated bits of the building itself, the sign, the flower bed, the driveway and the tree out front. I actually think it's quite a nice photo after all that. Nice colours, interesting composition, pleasing elements in the frame. Pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment