Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Day 299 - Composition, light and timing

Queen Street in downtown Fredericton looking west from Regent Street. Autumn still offers some dazzling colours (especially when the sun is shining) but there are also an awful lot of bare trees out there.

I didn't have much time to take pictures on my lunch hour today so I only took a few. I was amazed at how brilliant this tree was in the sunlight, even though there was some waiting involved. I was looking for a period, however brief, when two things were true: the sun was, in fact, shining and the road was empty between the camera and the tree.

I'm pleased with the shapes, colours and textures in this photograph. I also like the way the tower on City Hall provides a backdrop for scene. There's nothing special from a camera point of view, however: I took the shot using the fully automatic setting. This photo is more about composition, light and timing. I think all three turned out pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment