Monday, October 17, 2011

Day 290 - Home of the Queen's Representative

How can a building get newer? This lovely photograph captures New Brunswick's "Government House" on a gorgeous autumn day. It's a lovely building, true, but what confuses me is how this edifice changed from "Old Government House", the name by which is was known for many years, to just "Government House", its new monicker.

The residence of the province's Lieutenant Governor (the Queen's representative in New Brunswick), Government House overlooks the river just west of the Westmoreland Bridge. I took a number of photos of it from several angles but chose to go with this shot, the postcard shot, because I think the colours are fabulous and the building speaks for itself. No need for fancy camera tricks with this one. Especially on a day like today.

In coming days, I do plan to share with you some of the other photos I took of this building. They're just too good to keep to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment