Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 156 - That layered look

My original reason for taking the series of photographs of which this one is a part was to capture the vivid late-afternoon sunlight that was setting the leaves on the trees on fire.

Just look at the red in the background, jumping out at you in the sunbeams, and the warm greens of the tree in the top right corner of the frame, glowing in the light.

But then I realised just how amazing the layered look was, with the blurred, darkened figure in the foreground, backed by the closest tree, the house and then the trees beyond.

I tried a variety of shots of this arrangement but decided that the fairly tight framing of this one, as opposed to the wider angles I had also taken, work the best. I saw the sunlight first but, once I had taken the pictures, I realised that there was a whole lot more to the image than just the brilliant sunlight and beautiful colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment