Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 167 - Incredible colours on a beautiful day

Back to the water experiments, this time with the lovely fountain on the green near the St. John River in Fredericton. Another unbelievably beautiful day brought the downtown workers out in force on their lunch hour to enjoy a walk, run or ride in the sunlight.

And the bright sun makes the colours absolutely unbelievable. Like the blue blue sky and the creams and rusty reds of the underside of the fountain's bowl. The Olympus is still not quite able to get the kind of water-drop photograph I'm hoping for (I think it's a combination of the auto-focus delay and the fact that I haven't quite mastered the macro-photo mode) but, with the colours and the glistening drips, I'm still pretty happy with this shot.

Someday I'll have a camera that can shoot at even wider apertures and faster shutter speeds, where I can control the focus better and get the pictures I can see in my mind.

Until then, however, I'll have to rely on the ol' Olympus and continue to try to find ways for it to work for me.

I include the smaller photo because, even though the focus isn't great, I think the colours are even more stunning in this one than in the first shot of this entry. That's the kind of thing you get when you ignore the light metre and close the aperture a bit to limit the light. I just love the greens in the background as well as the deeper gold tones of the bottom of the bowl. I just wish it was in focus!!!

1 comment:

  1. Mark, I love these two photos. In fact, I love all the dripping water photos that you have posted.
    Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete