Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169 - Out with the buoys

I think of photographs like this one of buoys on the St. John River near the Fredericton Marina as "puzzle pictures". They remind of the puzzles I'd often do with my mother, both when as I was a child and after her retirement. So they bring back a lot of happy memories and the feeling of quiet contentment and companionship.

And I like the image itself. The repetition of the shapes, the one yellow buoy among the several white ones, even the bright blue rings on the top of two of the white balls. The water is nice too: a gentle breeze creates colour an interesting texture, provides variation to the colour of the water and makes the reflections of the buoys a little more interesting as well.

It's a snapshot, really, but still quite nice, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment