Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 175 - A scramble of roof tops

Sometimes the best way to see things in a new and different way is to get close, real close. That's when it's nice to have an 18-times zoom lens on your Olympus, so that you can stand on the sidewalk and get a close-up of the tops of interesting buildings.

To be honest with you, I can't for the life of me remember which buildings these come from but I really like the collage of shapes and colours that brings life to this photograph.

In it, you can see three separate elements that come from the ornately decorated roofs of one, two or three buildings. I think they might be all from the same edifice, since the colours of the two closer buildings match and the shapes in wrought iron on the top of the two to the right are also quite similar. If I had my guess, I'd say this is a photo of the various bits of the top of the City Hall building in downtown Fredericton but I may be wrong about that.

Whatever they are, I think they build together into a very interesting picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment