Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 162 - Abstract art at the Happy Baker

There is something about a long-exposure photograph. Especially the depth and warmth of its colours.

This photograph proves why I should always have my camera with me. While sitting at a table on the Happy Baker patio (which patio, by the way, is inside the HSBC Building in downtown Fredericton) waiting for Patti to buy her lunch, I started playing with the Olympus and its manual settings. In this case, the slow shutter speeds and wide aperture forced by the low-light conditions.

The only way to take the photo, of course, is to set the camera on the table, set it appropriately, then touch the shutter release. It's hard to aim so I just try a number of different angles and zoom settings, trying my best to keep humans out of frame.

In this case, I'm pleased with the colours, the composition and the combination of shapes (the red folder, the greeny-black chair backs, the shiny table top). The Happy Baker is not only tastey, but photogenic as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment