Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 173 - A large and lively spray of lilies

Fredericton comes alive with flowers in the summer in a way no other community in which I've lived has done in the past. Everywhere you turn, flowers. And not just one or two: large stands of them.

In this case, another sunny, breezy day took me down to the river bank again on my lunch hour. I wandered toward the ramps that lead to pedestrian bridge over the road to the river and I decided to check out what was under and around those ramps.

You've probably guessed it. Flowers. Lilacs in particular but also these lovely yellow lilies (or whatever). A large spray of them behind a wood fence. With the sun in just the right place to bring out the vivid colour, all I had to do was point and shoot. A nicely balanced, very intensely yellow photograph.

No comments:

Post a Comment