Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 159 - Funtime Freddie and the speed boat

A different view of Fredericton. This time, it's funtime Freddie, the water resort. With the St. John River almost as smooth as glass and a brilliant sun setting the tin roof of a distant house on fire, New Brunswick's capital city comes alive with summer fun.

It was the roof and its reflection that caught my eye as I strolled along the riverbank during my lunch hour today but the speed boat flashing by in front of the house made this photograph even better. I was fortunate that I had just switched the Olympus to its manual setting and pushed the shutter speed to 1/1000th of a second for a couple of shots: that really worked to freeze the boat in flight. The bright sun meant the aperture could still remain tiny, creating the nice crisp focus throughout the image.

It's Fredericton like we've never seen her.

No comments:

Post a Comment