Saturday, June 25, 2011

Day 176 - Sectioning off the view

Today's photograph comes from downtown Fredericton. I have been walking past the old barracks in the Garrison area for months now but only today did I see the columns of this building (I think it's a guard house or something) and how they neatly section off the view.

The central area between the historic buildings has become something of a lunch-time hang out for people who work downtown, a great place to eat a sandwich and talk. Sometimes I wonder if they see the beauty that surrounds them or if they are so used to it that is fades into mere background for them.

I like this photo for a number of reasons: the line of white pillars that parse the image of the picnic tables and the people at them; the way the balcony of the distant building to the left echos the same vertical lines; the fact that the huge white delivery truck finally moved so that I could get the photograph without it dominating the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment