Monday, June 20, 2011

Day 171 - Reflections on an interesting shot

There are a number of reasons I chose this photograph for today's post.

First of all, I like it. A lot. And, second, I'm not sure everyone will be able to figure out what it is, at least at first glance. And, third, despite a particularly interesting day (a deep blue sky filled with puffy white clouds), I didn't get a lot of good photographs during my lunch-hour meanderings. This one was by far the best one.

It was a tricky little shot to get right. For example, the reflectiveness of the surface gave the auto-focus fits. Then, the light metre had a hard time dealing wit the conflict between the darkness of the surface and the brightness of the reflected light. Still, after playing with the manual settings on the Olympus for a bit, I finally got this one right. It's a reflection of the sky, some trees and the tower of the Fredericton City Hall tower on the contoured hood of a deep blue late-model Corvette.

No comments:

Post a Comment